Friday, February 8, 2013

Thoughts from the morning after a parade...

Last night, I rode in a Mardi Gras parade. Here are a few lingering thoughts from last night, as I sit here, in pretty rough shape at my desk the morning after.
1. Wigs are itchy. Everyday wig-wearers (I'm looking at you, Kim Zolciack-Married name), how do you do it? How do you tolerate the itchiness of a wig and the fact that it often gets askew?
2. If some of the stuff I threw to you had blood on it, I am sorry (and disease free, so don't worry!). Somehow all my fingers started bleeding at the same time.I'm blaming my homemade customized fingerless gloves for that. Which leads me to my next thing...
3. My fingernails hurt.
4. If you hold up a sign saying that you have a peg-leg, I will probably throw you a shoe. I saw two of these last night and both peg-legged gentlemen received shoes from me.
5. The punk rock version of the Mary Tyler Moore Show theme song is annoying. Behind my float, a semi-skanky dance crew did their thing (think grown women in tutus, ripped fishnets, knee-high boots, and tank tops with beefcake type men to accompany and regulate the touching from the crowd). The dancers weren't bad, but their choice of  music was highly questionable, not to mention the fact that it was the same 6 songs on repeat for 5 hours or so.

Anyway, Carnival season is officially upon us! A big thanks to everyone who made a sign for me last night! yay!

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment